In life we don't get what we want, we get in life what we are. If we want more we have to be able to be more, in order to be more you have to face rejection. PEACE !

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

What is holding my sister car back?

While my sister was driving leading to the town, I was on the front side of the passenger seat. She has poor-driving skill. She also rarely and has no confidence to driving alone. I called her as “The stress driver”. Whoever seating aside while she is on driving will get stress too. One of the habits that she has while driving is putting his feet on the brake pedal.  She drove the car with the brake-on; it wouldn’t be smart, would it? What was happened to the car? It couldn’t go full speed because the brakes offer resistance. The more bad consequence the engine will overheat and cause engine breakdown.

Then I asked myself what should I do? I had two choices. I can either ask her to press the accelerator pedal harder and damage the engine, or released the brakes to make the car go faster. I suggested her on the second choice. She accepted it just for a while then she would do the same thing again and again.

Smiling and start thinking what would be happened if I apply this way in my life. This is a good lesson parallel to life, because we go through life with our emotional brakes on. What are the brakes? They are the factors that prevent us from achieving success. The way to release our emotional brakes is by building a positive attitude, high self-esteem and by accepting responsibility.

Thanks sis. Now you cannot drive anymore and I have retired to be your driving school trainer.
MY JOURNEY

No comments:

Post a Comment